March 31, 2009

LEGOS.....


LEGOS.... Tyler discovered them about six months ago. He's had them forever, but his newfound love for space, stars, planets, their names and their sizes...and the space program...prompted him to begin building his very own planet probe. Taking ideas from all the facts his brain holds and adding that to pictures he has seen on the NASA website of the Spirit and the Opportunity (for those of you who don't know, these are rovers actually on Mars at this very moment!!) he created an original probe. From LEGOS. I was stunned when I saw it all those months ago, he had NEVER done anything like that before. And the detail on this thing...well, to give you an idea...there are 11, yes, eleven cameras on this probe that turn 360 degrees ...there are detectors of all sorts, filters for one thing and the other... it's quite amazing. Here's a picture....
There is much more to this story...and tomorrow I'll write about NASA, and the letter we sent. Then the next day, I'll write about the on-line class he is taking and how that came to be!!! God is amazing and I am eager to share it all with you!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW That is so totally awesome! Give him a hi-5 for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite Songs at the Moment...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones